Sunday, September 5, 2010

Being Stuck in Spiritual Seeking

Spritual Seeing is about Enlightenment - and it's attainment.
But how, how do we think to attain Enlightenment? Of course by understanding it - we say.

Understanding it with the mind?

Looking for the intellectual understanding is what many people begin with. They are in a "gathering information" stage.

People in this stage heard of awakening and enlightenment, want to achieve it, but don't know how.
Their stuckness comes from the believe of needing to do something in order to come closer to Enlightenment.
They are not aware of the ego - and it's thoughts! ' yet and think, that Enlightenment is something they can reach with their ego at hand.

If the seeking stops, then in a moment of stillness, the truth may reveal itself.
Then, suddenly, it becomes clear that there is no intellectual understanding of Enlightenment, no understanding with the mind.
It is all an understanding with the heart. And it says: Suddenly I realize my own Eternity, my absolute freedom, my incredible capacity to love. But nothing has changed. I was always like this. I will be like this forever. I was enlightened and will be enlightened always.

A new stage begins, the stage of Application.

People in this stage KNOW and have experienced an Awakening - and probably, it wasn't abiding.
The funny thing is that this KNOWING and the memory of "having experienced IT" feels like an understanding of the mind.
But mainly, it feels like not being able to sustain the understanding of heart.

So, to some degree, it is like dropping back into the first stage.
In addition to this there is another believe that increases stuckness at this stage. The believe of needing to do something in order to sustain Enlightenment AND that getting distracted from being conscious is something bad.

Let me explain personally: very very often I get caught in those daily stories at work. I worry about things, I pity myself, and so on. So after a while I suddenly realize: I was totally gone into my human part and completely forgot about the being part - What the hell!
Why didn't I pay attention from the beginning. Why did I loose control? Why did I waste all this time to get back work on being awa-kened.
Stop!

Waste time...
Time?

There is only Now. (At least I should know this after making all this videos!)

Quotes
The search is rooted in a rejection of what is. The ordinary life.
In a way it's a kind of death. The death of the seeker is a plunge into life itself.
It is a revelation of what is already there. If what has always been here.
Tom Bolton / Jeff Foster

The very idea of a search must begin by thinking that something is missing. What if you knew that nothing is missing – right now – that nothing is needed for your experience of aliveness but being alive? What need would there be for a search? What would you hope for? Picture it right now. What do you want in the future? What would it give you if you had it? Whatever that is, is it not available right now in your own being?
Catherine Ingram

The human is needed to realize being.
Burt Harding.

Everybody is enlightened. Enlightenment just is a word for talking about your true nature. The problem is that almost everybody is in a wild, frantic attempt to unenlighten themselves all the time without even knowing it. Most people are unenlightening themselves constantly.
Adyashanti

And in this enlightenment right now, you experience feelings YOU chose to experience.
If you do not feel enlightened right now, you chose to NOT FEEL ENLIGHTENED in your enlightenment right now.
You are enlightened now.


No comments:

Post a Comment